Telespazio VEGA Deutschland is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions and services. With more than 350 employees in Germany we shape the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff play a key role in determining our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of teamwork.
We are passionate about delivering exciting Space Programs for and with our customers. Through our large frame contracts with ESOC, EUMETSAT and DLR, we offer a future-oriented and trusting work environment, multi-cultural teams, as well as challenging jobs on space missions for graduates up until experienced professionals.
This is a job for a creative Software Engineer looking for a flat-hierarchy environment that values your innovative and technical expertise.
The successful applicant will become a member of the Software Solutions department in our Ground Segment Systems Division based in our main office in Darmstadt, Germany. We are looking forward to meeting you!
As a team member of the Ground Segment Systems Division, you will contribute to the development, maintenance and validation of Mission Planning Systems used in the space domain. This also applies to infrastructure development.
Your tasks include:
- Understanding of the requirements and the design of ground segment systems for given space missions
- Development of the detailed design using UML
- Implementation of the software and performance of unit testing
- Support integration and system testing
- Write and maintain software documentation
- Participation in integration and verification activities on customer sites
- A degree in computer science, physics, mathematics or equivalent.
- Strong experience in software development, software engineering and maintenance.
- Preferably, experience on development of planning and scheduling systems.
- C++ and Java programming languages
- Source Code Control System (SVN or Git)
- Development on Linux systems
- Basic Linux system administration, shell scripts, make, gcc, debugging
- Eclipse IDE
- ECSS standards for space software development
- Solid knowledge of one or more of the following techniques: problem modeling techniques, automated planning and scheduling algorithms (resource allocation, temporal reasoning, causal reasoning), global and local optimization techniques (Linear Programming, Mixed Integer Programming, Dynamic Programming, Simulated Annealing, etc.), search techniques (constraint problem solving, heuristic search, etc.), artificial Intelligence techniques related to planning and optimization (genetic algorithms, etc.)
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Model-Driven Software Engineering (UML, Design Patterns)
- Eclipse RAP / RCP
- Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Gerrit
- Production of technical documentation in English language