Telespazio VEGA Deutschland is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions and services. With more than 350 employees in Germany we shape the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff play a key role in determining our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of teamwork.
We are passionate about delivering high quality, excellent solutions to and with our Aviation customers, such as DFS, Eurocontrol and Airbus. The trust they place in our international teams inspires us also to pursue innovative projects that require pragmatic approaches and adaptable thinking.
In order to support our continuous development on the Air Traffic market, we are looking for a degree-educated engineer with aerospace, informatics, mathematics or physics degree and with Linux software development, maintenance and support experience for the preparation and configuration of Air Traffic Control related software systems on operating system level.
The successful applicant will primarily work on customer site DFS (Deutsche Flugsicherung) in Langen (close to Frankfurt/Main). We are looking forward to meeting you!
As Linux Software Engineer, you are developing software components needed on the Linux operating system hosting the new ATC System software currently being developed at the German Air Navigation Service Provider DFS in Langen. In close contact with the customer, you are discussing requirements and implement solutions to fit the installation and configuration needs of the new ATC System.
- A university degree in aerospace, informatics, mathematics or physics
- Strong experience in Linux software development and maintenance, ability to provide support to customers
- Linux systems Know-How (Red Hat 7)
- Structured software development
- Basic Linux system administration, shell scripts, strong C/C++ know-how
- Source Code Control System (Subversion or Git)
- Good communication skills
- Package-Building (RPM), Yast, Kickstart
- ATM/ATC Systems Knowledge
- IBM Rational DOORS
- GNU C++
- MySQL, Oracle
- Qt Class Library
- ISO/IEC 12207 “Standard for Information Technology” for software development
- Development based on the V-Model
- User Documentation
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- German language skills would be an advantage