Telespazio VEGA Deutschland is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions and services. With more than 350 employees in Germany we shape the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff play a key role in determining our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of teamwork.
We have been selected by ESA as Prime Contractor for the development of a complex infrastructure to support space missions. The system is under development involving a large consortium across Europe. Telespazio VEGA is seeking to appoint a Senior/Lead Systems Engineer(s) to be phased-in to supplement the current Management and Co-ordination Team (MCT, i.e. System Level engineering) in charge of the system engineering and the system level activities. The Senior/Lead System Engineer(s) require(s) experience in coordinating/working with a team of System Architects and have a thorough understanding of Satellite Mission Ground Control Systems and/or EGSE Software systems.
Depending on the profile of the successful applicant, we will be looking for an additional Senior and/or Lead System Engineer to complete the team.
The successful applicant(s) will become a member of the Software Solutions Department, based in our Headquarter in Darmstadt/Germany.
- Drive /contribute to the system level engineering for future releases, ensure coherence between system level and component level design across the entire system;
- Analysis of change requests and provision of solutions at system level in co-operation with the other MCT members;
- Identification, analysis and resolution of potential gaps between the system requirements, design and component implementation;
- Analyse and resolve system level issues raised by the component suppliers and/or the integration and validation team;
- Review Test and Validation Plans at system and component level to ensure consistence and coherence;
- Technical management of the contribution of the component developers, pro-active monitoring and tracking of progress, escalating in case of schedule conflict;
- Acceptance of component deliverables from subcontractors;
- Ensuring the system level engineering is conducted in line with the applicable processes, standards and guidelines defined for the project;
- Contribute to the evolution of the project engineering standards and guidelines;
- Ensuring appropriate quality, risk and configuration management through continued monitoring and evaluation of contributions from the subcontractors;
- Lead/support regular MCT meetings, project reviews and audits.
- A degree in computer science, physics, mathematics, or equivalent;
- General software system level engineering, experience in leading system design carried out by a team, experience with development projects with multiple, multi-national subcontractors/partners located at different sites.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders of such a project at different levels of an organisation;
- Ability to ensure a high quality standard of the output by appropriate attention to the applicable quality management system;
- Reporting, monitoring and evaluation of the technical status of the project;
- Knowledge of ESA’s ECSS standards or similar software/system engineering standards, a good understanding of the software development life cycle, i.e. V-model with incremental deliveries;
- Understanding of the risks in Software Application development and management of such technical and schedule risks;
- Experience in the Technology Stack used in the project, i.e. Java, OSGi, Karaf, Blueprint, Maven, Nexus, Jenkins, Git, Basic Linux (SLES, OpenSUSE)
- Fluency in English.
- Experience with Agile development;
- Experience in the Technology Stack Eclipse RCP, Tycho, P2, JeroMQ, ActiveMQ, Basic Hadoop, Zookeeper, Docker, Advanced Linux (Scripting) would be advantageous;
- Good command of the German and/or French language.