Telespazio VEGA Deutschland is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions and services. With more than 350 employees in Germany we shape the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff play a key role in determining our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of teamwork.
We are looking for a software engineer experienced with state-of-the-art web and enterprise application technologies for building enterprise-scale applications in the space domain. The applications address different areas ranging from ground and space segment engineering to preparation and management of operational data for space missions.
The successful applicant(s) will become a member of the Software Solutions Department, based in our Headquarter in Darmstadt/Germany.
The engineer will be responsible for the design and development of enterprise-scale applications supporting the ground and space segment engineering as well as operations preparation for space missions. The activities will cover web front-end as well as back-end development, including middleware and persistence layers
- A degree in software engineering or similar.
- Java SE
- Java EE
- Software version control using Git
- Software development for the Linux platform
- Good document writing skills
- Good command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Apache ServiceMix, Karaf, Camel ActiveMQ, CXF
- Apache Tomcat, Eclipse Jetty
- Hibernate, OpenJPA
- Apache Solr
- Apache Jackrabbit
- Eclipse RCP/RAP application development
- Eclipse frameworks: EMF, BIRT, GEF, Sirius
- Software and/or system design using UML, SysML
- Ground or space segment system engineering