Are you a Senior Engineer / Architect ready to take the next step in your career and become a System Engineer / Architect for large systems? Then this is something for you.
Telespazio VEGA Deutschland is the first choice aerospace company for IT and engineering solutions and services. With more than 350 employees in Germany we shape the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff play a key role in determining our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their team spirit.
We have been selected by ESA as Prime Contractor for the development of a complex infrastructure to support space missions, the future of all ground segments for European space. The system is under development involving a large consortium across Europe. We are looking for candidates to will become part of the System Architecture Team (SAT), in charge of the system engineering and the architectural solution of the system, guiding implementation teams. You will be mentored by experienced system engineers / architects and given time to gain the necessary knowledge of system engineering and the specific technologies. We will give you the necessary support to develop into a recognized system engineer / architect.
The successful applicant(s) will become a member of the Software Solutions Department, based in our Headquarter in Darmstadt/Germany.
Contribute to the system level engineering for future releases, ensure coherence between system level and component level design across the entire system;
Analysis of change requests and provision of solutions at system level in co-operation with the other MCT member
Identification, analysis and resolution of potential gaps between the system requirements, design and component implementation;
Analyse and resolve system level issues raised by the component suppliers and/or the integration and validation tea;
Review Test and Validation Plans at system and component level to ensure consistence and coherence;
Technical management of the contribution of the component developers, pro-active monitoring and tracking of progress, escalating in case of schedule conflicts
Acceptance of component deliverables from subcontractors
Ensuring the system level engineering is conducted in line with the applicable processes, standards and guidelines defined for the project;
Contribute to the evolution of the project engineering standards and guidelines;
Ensuring appropriate quality, risk and configuration management through continued monitoring and evaluation of contributions from the subcontractors.
- A degree in computer science, physics, mathematics, or equivalent;
- Initial experience with software system level engineering.
- A positive can-do attitude;
- A personal desire to take the next step and become a solution engineer / architect for large systems;
- Ability to effectively communicate within a team;
- Experience with Agile development;
- Knowledge of ESA’s ECSS standards or similar software/system engineering standards, a good understanding of the software development life cycle, i.e. V-model with incremental deliveries;
- Understanding of the risks in Software Application development and management of such technical and schedule risks;
- Experience in (parts of) the Technology Stack used in the project, i.e. Java, OSGi, Karaf, Blueprint, Maven, Nexus, Jenkins, Git, Basic Linux (SLES, OpenSUSE), Eclipse RCP, Tycho, P2, JeroMQ, ActiveMQ, Basic Hadoop, Zookeeper, Docker, Advanced Linux (Scripting) would be advantageous;
- Good command of German and/ or French language